Well, it's just after midnight, and not surprisingly, I can't sleep. So here's a little story about why things around here haven't quite settled down yet. Literally. Oh, and by the end of this post you'll know me a little better. Fair warning...
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The fake log fireplace had been lighted with care
In hopes that some warmth would soon fill the air.
And Caleb was settled all snug in his bed
While visions of rawhide bones danced in his bed.
The Christmas Eve service had gone off with no hitch,
So I had just sat myself on the couch to cross stitch.
When up from my tummy there arose such a clatter
I sprang from the sofa to see what was the matter.
My insides were churning so violently
I knew there was something very wrong with me.
I ran down the hall, my heart beating with fright
To the bathroom at last, a most welcome sight.
I leaned over quickly and with one massive heave,
I sadly watched my dinner violently leave.
As Caleb looked on, his ears perked with concern,
I tried to make sense of this unwelcome turn.
"What happened?" I wondered. "What could I have ate?"
Then I remembered my dinner at Eden's Gate!
My lonely holiday had seemed the perfect time
To take a night out for a solitary dine.
For knowing he hates it, and not wanting to be rude,
I wait till Andy's out of town for Chinese food.
They treated me like royalty, a girl on her own:
A free appetizer they said was home grown.
That dish which I fondly recalled finger-lickin
Was now named "That foul, cursed Teriyaki Chicken!!"
And now, hours later, I sadly comprehend
That I'll remember this Christmas as the night with no end.
For who could forget retching with all of my might?
Happy Food Poisoning to all, and to all a good night!!
Merry Christmas everybody! (Uh...I really do mean that, despite current conditions...)
Merry Christmas! :)
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How horrible! Food poisoning on Christmas? Bah Humbug! On the flip side of that, you did say you wanted to lose weight while Andy was gone right? :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Wish we could be together so we could sing around a piano!
That was amazingly disgusting.
ReplyDelete=-(
I am glad your food poisoning was temporary.
Karen and I had a good laugh, sorry that it was at your expense. I love chinese food and it is hard to hear about such blessed goodness causing such intestinal suffering. Glad that it passed quickly.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! d&k