(The kisses aren't part of the tradition. They're just to save the mess when the egg gives up and rolls off the counter.)
If you've never stood an egg on end to celebrate Spring, well, you just don't know the thrill that you are missing. And you'll have to wait a whole year to do it again!
Happy Spring means: TIME TO MOW THE LAWN. And weed those crazy barkdust beds. I have a little thorny weed that apparently found a friend over the winter and had lots of little baby weeds.
Happy Easter means: lots and lots of church services this weekend! I'm going to play the keyboard most of the weekend, but hopefully not be too tired to eat some yummy chocolate eggs and great Easter lunch. And of course, it's a wonderful weekend of reflection and thanksgiving for the amazing sacrifice that God made for us! I'm forever grateful that a little "nobody" like me was worthy of that horrible afternoon on the cross, when Jesus said, "Jozi, I'm doing this for you." What an amazing God has saved us. I can never say thank you enough!
So, Happy Spring, and Happy Easter, everyone!
Yay Spring! That means that it will only snow for two more weeks (God willing) and that my driveway gets wider and the plow man won't have to off himself with too much work and I can see my wonderful tick-infested yard again and we'll be underway more for buoys. Yay Buoys! Yay Spring! (Summer, please hurry!) ;-)
ReplyDeleteSpring!! It's almost like summer out there already isn't it? Happy Easter
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, you blogged. I've been waiting for this day to come, and finally, it is here!
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged, girl!
ReplyDelete