Thursday, September 17, 2009

Summer Part Seven- Andy's birthday


When Andy got back in July, our summer travels/visits were at an end. The only thing left was Andy’s birthday. Poor Andy, I did a really bad job of getting his birthday set up. I wanted to have his present delivered on his birthday, but it showed up about five days early. And because it was quite sizeable, that meant Andy had to stay out of the garage for almost a week. Rough, very rough.

So when he woke up, Andy was greeted with the fun LED T-shirts that we had our eyes on in Hawaii. Wow, that’s exciting. But apparently he was a hit at the office. Score. I know how to make those computer guys party! Woo hoo!

When he came home from work he was finally let into the garage. His present awaited:


(Note the strategically placed hand truck… I worked real hard on this deception.)

After making him guess five or six things that he thought it could be, I finally let him open his card. The card told him to look up. And I closed the garage door to reveal his real present:

Garage storage racks!


We’ve been wanting these for a really, really long time. I’m not sure whether Andy liked getting them or spending the next weekend filling them better. But either way, he appeared pleased. He did not, however, enjoy opening his “present” of blanket-covered trash bins and boxes.

Caleb was pretty grumpy that we left the house without him, but we finished off the night with a great dinner at our new favorite Italian place, Noodles. This is how we Bentlys celebrate. Food. Then we got to enjoy a well-timed premiere of one of our favorite shows: Hell’s Kitchen. We even watch food on TV.

All in all, a great fun birthday. I’d like to thank Andy for having it because I enjoyed it so much. I hope he did too!

1 comment:

  1. Did you put those racks up yourself? You're more handy than I am!

    ReplyDelete